Saturday, September 20, 2014

Post#5 EDM310 classblog Melissa Keeler

What is a PLN? A PLN is a collection of people and computer sites that will help you continue to be a lifelong learner.

How is a PLN formed? The collection should begin with a main topic in mind. Example: I want to learn about Jade. Jade will be my topic for my PLN. I will then get onto the computer and begin my search. When I come across a strong and reliable source, I will add it to my PLN. I will also add some people I personally know from my everyday life (my immediate community) who know about Jade and can help me learn about it. I will also go to Twitter and do the same thing I did on the computer sites. I will also add these people to my PLN for Jade. I will continuously check on these people and sites and continue to look for ones to add to my Jade PLN. A PLN is always changing.

How can you create your own PLN? You can create your own PLN by coming up with a topic. Research said topic. Begin to collect or list strong, reliable sources that are relevant to your topic. Also add people you personally know and who know about your topic. You can add people you do not personally know as well, like people from Twitter or Facebook as long as they can reliably contribute toward your topic.

Who will be the first additions to my PLN? My PLN for EDM310 will definitely include Dr. Strange as well as the members in my group (group 4). All of the faculty members I follow on Twitter. Some of the websites and pages I have visited for various class projects.

summary of my progress in developing my PLN- It is going slow, I am trying to make sure I begin solid that way I will always have a strong foothold on whatever topic I choose to teach or learn about.

Project#3 Presentation:

4 comments:

  1. Your videos should not be in your Blog Post. They require a post of their own. Move them to a Post titled Part A of Project # 7.

    You do not start a PLN around a subject. Your PLN is a group of people and tools that can help you with any questions you may have or which can give you ideas about what to do or investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with some of your points. I was wondering if you were going to add the students you were assigned? I was also wondering with system for you PLN did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your presentation is supposed to be in a separate post. It is not a group project.

    Slide 7 should have been broken into a slide for each grade. Slides are free. Use as many as you wish. Add pictures and it looks and flows much better.

    ReplyDelete