Wednesday, September 24, 2014

C4K journal for September 2014 Melissa Keeler EDM310

I had a student Jordan from NZ He and his friends had made a Math video as Math is his favorite subject it does not surprised he chose Math. The video was great! the only thing was that sometimes I could not hear the student's information over the music in the video. I asked him what kind of pet his was because he mentioned he had a pet named Ben. I have since looked back and his pet was a bird who unfortunately died of old age. I am about to reply that I am sorry for his loss as I also have a bird as a pet. I just +posted again Sept.12. I told him how sorry I was that his bird died, and told him about my own bird a Cardinal who was nursed to health and chose to stay with me.

my C4K post 2 was a student named
ms. Jordan The school is John Hansen French Immersion School. It is a magnate school in Maryland, Not Virginia as implied on the Checklist. Also the student was in 8th grade, not high school. This school immerses the student in the French language while in a rich environment conducive to learning. It interests me. My Student either does not know how to speak English well or just does not care about her grade. I am willing to bet on the first scenario. I had told her that I wish she had felt like posting because I was interested in learning about her and her very progressive sounding school. ms.jordanms.jordan

my C4K post 3 was a student named Zach A The school is called Iowa High school. My student is in 5th grade and his post was titled "Talent or Hard Work". In it he compares talent to hard work and he strongly believes that Hard Work is much better. I agreed with him about the hard work and commended him for his work ethic. I also pointed out that talent is not bad. That some talented people have to work really hard in order to give the most of their talent. I also pointed out that being lazy, talented or not, usually did not produce success.


embers burning at the end of a camp fire

No comments:

Post a Comment