Sunday, October 5, 2014

EDM310 classblog Melissa Keeler blog post 7

My Strengths: I am willing to learn and continue learning with my students. I do know the bare bones basics on the computer and internet. I am learning how to use the social networks. I am willing to incorporate technology into my lesson plans as technology is part of our everyday life and is encompassed in the ACCRS.
My Weaknesses: I ONLY know the basics well. I have a lot of catching up to do as far as social networking goes. I will not be able to answer some of my students questions simply because I do not know.
Things I need to do: I need to familiarize myself with Project Based Learning and the Technology available.


VIDEOS: How to make and audio QR code How to Make An Audio QRCOde Ginger Tuck, GSES Kindergarten-iPad Centers Poplet as a Center Alabama Virtual Library as a Kindergaten Center Mrs. Shirley's 1st Grade Class: How to use and build a Board in DE for a Project Based Lesson. Mrs. Tassin's 2nd grade class

I learned that the sooner we introduce technology to students the better. The younger students seem to take to technology like water. They are able to teach us they learn so quickly. The iPads are great for teaching the young ones because they touch the screen not specific buttons and it is graphic and exciting to them. Different apps and drives enable educators to let the students browse for information on their own, store information on their own, and finally display the information they have collected. Technology has given us some wonderful tools to work with and we need to learn how to utilize these tools to their fullest potential. The use of technology keeps students engaged throughout the entire process of learning from the question to collection of information and storing it, to the final product of the project.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! I completely agree with you about catching up with technology. I am in the same boat you are in. I love this post.I like how you put links to the videos in your post! It would have make the links easier to read and understand they were different if they were on separate lines, but otherwise good job! Keep up the good work!

    Twitter: @sydneybreeves
    Email: sydneybreeves@gmail.com
    URL for my blog: http://reevessydneyedm310.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to comment on each video individually so I can tell whether you watched them and understood the purpose for watching them.

    ReplyDelete