Thursday, October 23, 2014

Edm 310 class blog C4C journal Melissa Keeler Sept. and Oct. combined

Cicadas



The first person I left any feedback on was Chelsea Powers. She is now the head of my group (4). I get along with her well and complemented her on her blog, I also pointed out that it seemed that we had a lot in common. I shared my fears of taking the class and she reassured me that I would be fine.

I left a post on Meagan Jones blog on Sept. 11. I let her know that I enjoyed her organizational skills and that I wish she could have expanded on how to give positive feedback. I also commended her for her statement that a negative statement can stop the student from wanting to learn.

I left a comment on Felicia Grantham's Blog 4. I complimented her on her page presentation. It is absolutely beautiful! I agreed with her on two aspects. The first was that we should prepare questions along with our lesson plans in order to help us be more prepared as educators. I also agreed with her statement that no answer should be interrupted, adding that doing so can effectively shut down that student's desire to learn.

I left a comment on Josh Garrett Blog post #5 I encouraged him on building his PLN. I then brought it to his attention that his projects were missing and reminded him to go back and double check because I have personally noticed that one missing symbol or letter can make or break your project. I then told him to keep up the good work.

My assigned student this week wasMadeline Files I commented on Blog post 6. I liked a statement she had made in response to Anthony Capps' second video. Her statement was " I think that with Project Based Learning, students can learn as much information as they want to learn.". I said that the key word for me in her statement was WANT. I went on to explain that I feel in any method of teaching/learning that the WANT or desire to learn not only boosts retention of but also increases the amount of information learned as well.

I was assigned to Ellen Dunn this week Oct. 8. I agreed with what she had to say about us not having the opportunities offered to us when we were younger. And also her statement that it is exciting to learn together. I also shared that I have been taking extra time with my second grader at home to teach him how to effectively use the computer as the school he goes to does not concentrate on computer knowledge.

Julie Cornelson was my C4C #8. The first thing I mentioned was her comfort with the technology at hand compared to my lack there of. She mentioned the use of cell phones instead of computers in her class which I totally agree with. I feel this way because just about every child has or has ready access to a cell phone which is almost as good as having a hand held computer. I go on to say that it will diminish the boundaries that budgets sometimes produce. Even if computers are not available in the class room, the children CAN use their cellphones. I liked her ideas for the use of the camera. I especially think the math ideas are inventive. I let her know that I feel she will make a wonderful educator.

C4C9 Is Mia Britton I told her that we had picked the same videos and had the same way of thinking. We had both liked the video of the children telling the educators what they like, very enlightening. We also shared the Ketchup video In which I pointed out that I was impressed with the two young men and their project.

C4C10 IsLogan Alvarez I liked her comment that having technology in the classroom makes it fun for the students. I went on to say that I totally agree and that the more fun the more engaging your class will be and your students will retain more of the information you are putting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment