Thursday, October 9, 2014

C4T 2 journal 2 EDM310 Melissa Keeler

On Sept. 21st I was assigned Steven Anderson and his Blog "Blogging About The Web". It was all about the new Chromebook. He makes me want one. It told of how the Chromebook takes mere seconds to completely boot up or wake from sleep mode. It also brought to light the durability and lightness of the chromebook. It is a wonderful alternative to the "i" world of tools. It is also a lot easier on the consumer's pockets. I told him how I could see myself using it to address questions after school hours as well as collaborate with my students. I also mentioned how this would be similar to "flipping" a class room and how doing this saves time so the actual class time is used for instruction rather than answering questions. I had to begin a discussion instead of simply "comment". I posted my comment to Twitter.

post 2. I have read Steven's blog for this week and it was all about how to connect with your students to ensure a great school year. I completely agree with getting to know your students on a somewhat personal level. This allows you to understand where they are coming from, there may be cultural or religious issues you would never had known about if you had not ASKED. Doing this also helps you to build a rapport with the student and their parents. This is important if you want compliance from your student as what the parents have to say at home has a large effect on the student's behavior in the class room toward you the educator. He asked for our ideas. My idea is to pass out questionnaires and ask what the students are interested in learning as well as what do they know about themselves and their heritage. I feel that this will keep my students engaged by teaching something they chose, and by learning about different cultures and heritages together we will find out more about ourselves as well as each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment