Thursday, October 23, 2014

C4K journal for Oct.

My first assigned student in Oct. was Jordan B She said that to make life better she would convince people to leave her alone and she could think and be nicer to people that way. My comment was that I totally agreed with her statement, that sometimes it is best to take a moment of silence to hear your own voice or opinion. By doing this one can be more confident and positive feeling about the situation rather than confused and negative feeling. She is a student at Prince George County. She is in 8th grade English. C4K#4

My second student for Oct.8, was Carson K. He is in 7th grade and likes the Seahawks football team. His blog was about things he would like to see changed in the public school system. I like some of his suggestions especially the first one. He said he would let the students decide what they want to learn about and his reasoning was that the student would be more interested in the information that way. I completely agree with this. He also believes that they should be able to "play" on their phone when they are done with their work. I agree but the "play" would have to have some kind of educational value, like looking up information for another project. C4K#5

C4K#6 Oct.17, is Carson K. from above. This week he has posted about a book he is reading called the 14th fish. He brings to light that the fish has possibly become the Grandfather along with several other tantalizing possibilities. I commended him on his wide range of thought and his originality. I especially liked the hint of espionage with his idea of an impostor being present instead of the Grandfather.

C4K7 Oct.23, is Simon at Port England School He posted on Capitol letters and when to use them. Simon likes Rugby, is a cook islander, and his favorite colors are green and purple. I first told him that I too like green and that purple is a Royal color. I commended him and his classmates on their blogs and told him that he is doing so well! He had mentioned that his goal was to do better in reading and I told him he was well on his way if he continued in the direction he was heading.

my son with baby shark

No comments:

Post a Comment